Alcohol is the worst for people with stress, anxiety, or depression. It is important to avoid it.
Alcohol is not helping, it can:
- have an intoxicating effect, disinhibit, make you euphoric,
- lift fears and doubts,
- give a sense of relief,
- give the feeling of being relaxed.
But it works in a very transient way and beware of rebound!
Alcohol is an enemy:
- It induces anxiety,
- It causes mood disorders, irritability,
- It can trigger panic attacks,
- It causes sleep disorders,
Alcohol then leads to a vicious cycle of drinking to compensate, and becomes an addiction:
- It can lead to behavioural disorders with loss of control which has social, family and professional consequences,
- It deteriorates your health, stigmatises you, brings loss of confidence and self-esteem in the long term
Taking alcohol is not a necessary step. On the contrary, is necessary to avoid it. At the stage of dependence, it is imperative to seek counselling and support: only withdrawal can restore confidence and self-esteem.