Don’t put yourself in unnecessary difficulty.
Avoid when you are just starting out and are not trained:
- exercising in extreme weather conditions (very hot and humid or very cold and windy); you should then exercise indoors, e.g. go for a walk at the mall or go to the gym;
- exercises that require a sudden expenditure of energy (sudden intense exertion);
- exercises where you have to hold your breath or strain;
- exercises that involve lifting heavy weights (more than 2 kg) above heart level;
- exercising if you are not feeling well (if your weather for the day has deteriorated);
- participating in competitive or contact sports;
- exercising immediately after eating, digestion increases the effort.